Sunday, November 22, 2009

trying to find the words

So much has happened since I last updated my blog that I don't even know where to begin. I wish that I had spent more time writing here though. I adore writing and need it in order to better organize my thoughts. I'm realizing more and more each day just how dangerous my thoughts can be. It helps me to just sit down and write about what's going on...

I guess one of the reasons why I have hesitated to update my blog is a constant fear that the school where I work might read something I write and reprimand me for publicly speaking about my workplace. I don't know what the regulations are... I should probably read my work handbook at some point. And if I don't write about work, well, frankly I don't have much else to write about. Teaching is my life - literally. I do not do anything else really... I am constantly thinking about my students, evaluating and re-evaluating my ability to reach them each day. Some days are better than others; one thing, however, stands true throughout - I love teaching and cannot imagine my life without working with children.

I think it's safe to say, though, that no one from my school administration will be reading this blog anytime soon. Well, I hope not anyway because I need to start writing about and sharing about my life before I go absolutely insane. Where to begin though? I've been teaching for 3 months now, but it feels like 3 years. So much happens every single day. And I have done so much already...

So, at some point (maybe later today) I will find the right words so I can begin to write more in-depth about my life. Right now, all I can say is that I love teaching. I love my students. I don't always love my school and I have visions of where I would like to teach once my 2-year program is complete. But, I am so happy to be where I am in life right now. I am so excited for whatever God has in store for me in the future! I have wanted to be a teacher my whole life and am thrilled that this profession truly is my calling from Him. with love and peace always~

No comments:

Post a Comment